Monday, January 10, 2005

Textbooks vs. Checkbooks (live on Pay-Per-View)
Today is the first real day of school at ECU. Today is the day where my lifestyle parts with the rest of all my other friends. While everyone goes off to school to do the usual; sit in class, hang out in Wright Place, eat at The Spot, and ride on the bus, I'm joining the Rat Race. I hear people all the time saying, "Don't leave school! Stay in it as long as you can!" The thing is I'm thrilled to be out. I never did like it, and I think I hate it more now than when I was still in it. For example, as I drove by campus today I was stopped at the college hill and 10th street stoplight. I watched all the students walking around going to class and it gave me a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about that being me again. On the other side, I actually like to work. I get paid to have fun, as opposed to paying someone else so I can do something I loathe. Niki said she'd give me 2 months to change my opinion, but I don't see it happening. I love money way too much.

Here is a relevant quote:
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
-Albert Schweitzer

Today's Featured Hot Dog Topping: Celery Salt

No comments: