Wednesday, February 16, 2005

One More V-Day, One More VD
It seems like everyone I talked to this past Monday hates Valentine's Day for one reason or another. Why is this holiday still in existence if its hated so much? To answer that I feel compelled to put the blame on Corporate America, more specifically Hallmark and Big Rose (haha, get it? its like Big Tobacco!).

So what did Brad do this V-day? Well I worked in the morning (slow business yet again) and then that night Megz came over and we had breakfast for dinner. She made some great cookies that not only tasted delicious, but also displayed a special message. A bunch of them were heart shaped and each one of our (201ers) nicknames were written on them in icing. She also shaped a bunch of cookies so that when lined up they would say, "I <3 201." It rocked! Thanks Megz! After we had our breakfast dinner with sparkling grape juice we just sat around and chatted. With the exception of when Heather came over and we watch The Bachelorette, which was retarded. Uhh, I mean it was cool? Then after everyone left/went to bed I headed over to Steph's to hang out with her and have an awkward moment with her cop friend who hates me. Hah! Let's just say I'm afraid to park on campus now.

Leave your favorite/least favorite V-Day memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best memory... actually having a Valentine this year! Yay! ...Worst memory? Uhhhh... this one time in 7th grade, this really creepy boy [that looks like the fat Dutch kid lip-synching and dancing to techno music] gave me a bunch of fake flowers and this heart he'd stapled together out of two pieces of neon orange poster board, stuffed and trimmed with lace, and stuck Rugrats stickers all over. I didn't have the heart to throw it away and I was mortified to be seen with that crap all day long. The next day, he told people we were going out [no] and that I was "really impressed" by his display of "love." Eccccch. Gag me with a spork.

Charlie said...

The best Valentines day ever would either be that production we put on for me and Jessica last year, or the year before when I ended the night at 2:30 AM dancing on stage with Modern Groove Syndicate disco-style while they played Mo Time.

Worst? Who knows. The rest all sort of blend together.