Tuesday, May 17, 2005

BarberShop 3: Boys Town
Since I have just one more day of training at work that requires me to wear a "hat" I figured it would be a good idea to spend part of my day off to get my hair did. So I started walking around the neighborhood hoping to find a place. I figured that since I live in the traditionally homosexual neighborhood known as "Boys Town" it wouldn't be hard to find a good place to get my haircut. I walked into the first place I saw and soon as I walked in I had the feeling this place was a bit more expensive than I had planned. Oh well, I was already inside and it would be weird if I just turned around and walked out. Some little Asian lady cut my hair and she was doing a really good job. Almost too good of a job. My fears of a steep charge were rising. As I was sitting there a guy and girl later walked in and were looking for someone who worked there named Stephen. The girl had a very mannish jaw structure by the way. They also kept referring to Stephen as a "she." Once I was done with my haircut (looked good) it was time to find out how much this thing was going to cost me. Yikes, $35. I also gave the girl a $5 tip cause I figured since I usually give $2 for a $12 cut, $5 for a $35 cut seemed proportional.

That's my little barber shop story. Now I'm going to go back to watching the Cubs game on TV and occasionally looking out the window at the sailboats floating across the lake in the sunset light.

No comments: