Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Junkyard Dog
So I finally got my car to a State Farm certified auto shop for an official estimate of my damage. Turns out yes, the car is considered a total loss. The charge to fix it would be greater than 80% of the cars worth so basically State Farm is telling me, "Fuck yo ride bitch!" Fair enough then. We're still in the process of getting the details worked out, but here is basically whats going to happen. Since I want to keep my car despite the damage, State Farm is going to give me money equal to the value of my car which is around $2,500 (not bad for a car with 188,000 miles on it huh?) minus a small salvage fee ($50 or so). They are also going to drop me from their collision insurance since it will be technically considered a salvaged vehicle. Considering the damage is purely cosmetic, and I practically never drive it anymore I think its a pretty sweet deal, and I'll take their money. Its like I sold my car, but I still get to keep it.

No comments: