Monday, June 27, 2005

Parck Off Buddy
I went online to cityofchicago.org to pay for a parking ticket I got when my car was parked during the designated street cleaning time. It was the 3rd Friday of the month when I thought it was only the 2nd Friday. The first part on the website is where you enter your ticket number. I thought it was kinda funny that there were 10 fields to enter your ticket numbers in. I guess that's to accommodate the drivers who often say "Damn the man" when looking for a parking space. So anyways, after I entered my one ticket number I realized something peculiar. When issuing my ticket they got one of the digits on my plate wrong. So now I have a little bit of a dilemma. Do I pay the ticket, or do I not. Afterall, if I don't pay it all I gotta say is that it wasn't my car, just look at the plate number.

What do you think? Pay it or not?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be without conscience, but i say not. Well, how much was it for?

Brad said...

It was for 50 bucks.

Anonymous said...

Don't pay it. they are the ones who messed up. I mean, is there a way you could end up in trouble over it? if so, then pay for it.

Anonymous said...

the seven dwarfs were sitting in a tub feeling happy.



so happy got up and left.


har har har...
-Megan :)

Anonymous said...

Well, my first reaction when reading this was: Are you retarded? Of course you shouldn't pay that shit!
However, upon consideration I thought about the fact that not too many people have a car with so much...character...as yours. If it's parked in the same area a lot, I'm thinking you may need to pay up hon.
~Jill

Brad said...

While that is a valid point young Jillian, do you really think a city with 2.8 million people living in it would actually undergo an investigation for a parking ticket with a minimum fee?