Thursday, October 06, 2005

Buttress of Windsor
In celebration of my fantastic concert schedule this month I am officially renaming October to Rocktober! Monday night was the first of 5 (so far) shows I'll be seeing this month. Here is my review.

The opening act was some British band called the Kaisher Chiefs. They were terrible and made me want to stab someone. Their songs consisted of a lot of high pitched "Nana Naaas, Ooh oooh oh ooohs, and Lala lala laaas." Thankfully the show was a double headliner so they weren't up there for long. Next was Weezer. They played a few songs from their new album and the rest consisted of their classics. I thought they started off a little rocky but after a few songs they sounded a lot better. Certainly very fun nevertheless. Afterwards was Foo Fighters. I've never really sat down and paid attention to these guys so this show was pretty much a first experience for me. I must say they put on a kick ass show. They sounded great, the stage set-up was great, and the frontman was funny and had a great stage presence. He even mentioned the Cubby Bear as the first place he saw a live band too. FYI, The Cubby Bear is 5 blocks from here and is where I just recently saw Tommy Castro. Maybe I'll by myself a Foo Fighter CD.

In honor of this past show the latest Featured Flava will be a track off of Weezer's latest album Make Believe. This song is my favorite (as of now) from that album. I present to you, Perfect Situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let's play find brad's grammatical error in this post!!

who can find it first?


;)