Thursday, April 20, 2006

No Wanking for Derrick

Cubs All-Star 1st baseman Derrick Lee broke his wrist in a base-running collision last night, and they're saying he could be out 2-3 months because of it. Of those polled at ChicagoSports.com, 46% think the Cubs are now "done." I disagree. While Lee is a great player coming off an amazing season in 2005 he is still just 1 of 9 positions on the field and in the lineup. The Cubs infield is also deep enough so that his spot can be replaced with a legitimate player.

I'm still confident the Cubs will have a successful season this year.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Ugh. That is some shit news, though. He's practically the only consistent rock in that order.

skape7 said...

Seeing as I know nothing about baseball (definately not an aussie sport), I'm not entirely equipped to comment, except for the old adage that there is no "I" in "team".