Thursday, June 22, 2006

Is It Hot in Here, Or Is It Just Me?

So I saw An Inconvenient Truth today with Jill. In case you're not one of the cool kids, its a documentary by Al Gore that goes over the dangers of ignoring the Global Warming problem. I gotta say I liked it. He supplies a lot of hard data supporting his case that we are faced with a very serious and very imminent problem. While there are a lot of feasible things we can do to turn the problem around I'm afraid I have no confidence that the rest of society will do anything about until its too late and we're up Shit Creek without a paddle.

That is unless P. Diddy starts driving a BioDiesel Escalade.

P.S. I've had blogger's block the past few days so blow me Shannon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh, you better take me out first.

Stu said...

This is a thing that Australia and The U.S has in common, Both countries give the rest of the world the finger and refuse to ratify the
Kyoto Protocol.

The problem is there to be fixed but they just don't want to try.


Shame on both our countries Governments!

Anonymous said...

I have an idea. How about we rearrange the federal budget a bit so that more funding goes to those who are able to come up with alternative energy sources for us? Instead of funding a massive war for oil! Would that work? Okay, enough crazy talk.

Another idea I had is what if Brad put in his blog who he saw An Inconvenient Truth with?