Thursday, August 24, 2006

Akward Times

A few weeks ago my boss-lady tried to get me some Cubs tickets from our Budweiser sales rep. Since Budweiser is an official sponsor of Wrigley Field it's said they always have tickets laying around for their clients. Clients being me. Instead of Cubs tickets the dumb cunt gave us 2 tickets to see Third Eye Blind at the House of Blues. At first I couldn't think of one song by them, but I knew their name and knew they were pop music has-beens. To refresh my memory I listened to song samples on iTunes and then it all came back to me.

Their songs reminded me of my early High School days. Back when the only music I knew about was the then-current pop rock found on the radio station 95.1. It was the only kind I knew about, but I knew I didn't it. If I were to write an autobiography about my life as a listener of music, I would name that chapter, "Lost and Without a Soul"

So instead of watching them live, which is what I would be doing right now, I'm instead bashing them. God bless America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Even as a young radio-listener back then, I can only think of ONE song they sang...You know, the one that was about suicide, that was all, "I would under sta-an-ee-an-dee-and!" and stuff?

Yeah. Sucked back then, still sucks now.