Friday, February 25, 2005

Happy Birthday Pants!
Today is a special day for two reasons. The first of which is that today is Heather "Pants" Kellum's 22nd Birthday! So, the blog would like to wish Heather a very happy birthday!

Two Tickets to Paradise
The second reason today is a special day is because Cubs tickets go on sale. How it works is this, you go to the website, click on the game you want tickets for then you sit in this virtual waiting room until you're randomly chosen to be allowed access to the ticket purchase screen. I've been sitting in the waiting room right right now for the 2 hours. My brother did this last year and sat in the waiting room for a day and a half. So needless to say I think I'm going to be here for a while unless I get real lucky. This year is probably going to be busier than last year too so that certainly doesn't help. I'm going to try and get tickets for 2 different games, 3 seats per game. Keep your fingers crossed I do. Here are the dates for the games I'm going to try and get tickets for.

  • June 10th vs Boston Red Sox: First time these two teams will play each other in Wrigley since the 1918 World Series.
  • August 28th vs Florida Marlins: They're going to retire Ryne Sandberg's number 23.
  • Sept 28th vs Pittsburgh: Last home game of the season.
  • Sept 23-25th vs Houston: Second to last home series. If the playoff race is going to be hot in Wrigley its going to be now.
  • July 25th vs SF Giants: Barry "I'm a juiced up asshole" Bonds, and Moises "Beloved player for the Cubbies last year" Alou.
I added a countdown to the first Cubs game to my sidebar too. (April 4rd @ Arizona)

1 comment:

Matt Maldre said...

I was in the virtual waiting room until 5pm. I kept track of which games were selling out first and there's some intereting observations that I posted at my blog at: What type of Chicago Cubs tickets sell out first.