Monday, April 25, 2005

Back To That Same Old Place...
...Sweet Home Chicago. I made it safe and sound to Chicago and now I'm just trying to settle in. On the way up here I had a little problem with the car thanks to the damage that bitch did to the side, but thankfully the yokels in Wilson fixed it up in a matter of minutes and didn't even charge me. So that night (Friday) I spent in Chapel Hill and had a good time visiting my friends there (with special guest Keri). Saturday we had lunch at Japan Express which just rocks my face off. Right after we ate I headed out and began my 9 hour drive to Louisville, KY. I only stopped twice during the whole time too. Once for gas and a Lime Coke, and once to wizz. Sunday morning I drove 5 more hours here to my Uncle Bill's where I'm going to be staying for a bit and where I was going to meet my Dad since he was in town for the weekend. Him and I got lunch at Portillo's (*thumbs up*). Then I just spent the rest of that day visiting family.

Monday Mom and I had an appointment with Apartment People which is a company that works with you (and no charge to you) to find you an apartment. She took us around to a few places and each of them had pros and cons, but none of them felt right. That was until we got to the last place. Its in a high-rise condominum at 36oo Lake Share drive on the corner of Addison. The condo for lease that we looked at is on the 19th floor, is a decent size, clean, and modern looking. The building is extremely nice and has a courtyard with grills available, a laundry room, a convenience store, a fitness center, has a bus stop right outside that can take me to work in less than 10 minutes, is only 5 blocks from the "El" train and is only 5 blocks from Wrigley Field! The place is also really cheap for what you get from it. Almost needless to say, thats the one I decided on. I already signed some papers and paid for the 1st months rent. I should be able to move in as early as Saturday, or as late as next Tuesday. It really is a great place and I'll be sure to get some pictures up here once I have the capabilities.

First day of work is Wednesday. Fingers crossed that goes well. I'll blog about it later.

No comments: