Friday, June 17, 2005

Let Your Taquito Shine
Last night Gov't Mule was headlining at Navy Pier so I had the opportunity to see them live for my first time. My cousin Shawn called me a little before I left and told me he was going to the concert so I met up with him and a couple of his friends. The place was full of old "Dead Heads" and even though there was reserved seating people just stood wherever. Overall the show was great, and I was only 40 feet or so from Warren Haynes. Some guy went on stage and played the bongos and some massive wooden instrument made from a tree trunk. The hippies loved that shit. They also ended in two of my favorite songs of theirs so that was cool. Afterwards I got on the bus home and fell asleep in the back. When I woke up I was about half a mile north of my apartment so I had to walk back. Its cool though cause there was a 7-11 on the way there so I stopped in for a late night Taquito.

No comments: