Saturday, November 26, 2005

Countdown to Blub

Today I went out and dropped over $300 for a new fish tank and all the supplies. Here are a couple pictures of my setup. I don't have any fish in there yet because I'm going to develop the "water cycle" first so that I don't have to worry about putting my fish into harmful water. If you're not familiar with what the "water cycle" is, basically I'm just going to let the water hang out in the tank till enough of the good bacteria grows which will help create a chemical balance that is essential to a fish's health.

That will take about 2 months, then it'll be time to have a new roommate.

5 comments:

Charlie said...

Nice choice! that is very cool looking. Anxious to see the Blub in it.

Brad said...

That big black rock thing actually has a functional purpose. It is a filter, a water heater holder, and a slot for air pump tubing. However, its big as shit so I've decided to return it in exchange for a normal filter. That'll leave some more room for my fish to move around and grow larger.

Anonymous said...

oh i thought that was the coolest part! i am pro big black rock.

Patrick said...

Being a blub owner I am jealous of the extreme blub-age that tank provides! Rock out, ps I need to post some recent pictures of Tank.

Brad said...

Shannon, don't you mean you're pro black cock, not rock?

Well the Rock has already been returned and I shopped online for its replacement which I think you would like better. Check it out at this link right here.