Saturday, April 29, 2006

Love This Man

Greg Maddux just turned 40 years old and this season is so far the best start of his entire Hall of Fame career. In his first 5 starts he is 5-0 and has the lowest ERA in the MLB.

He is now just one win shy of tying Nolan Ryan and Don Sutton for 13th place on the all-time career wins list. All the while Maddux is as humble as he always is. Such as when he says, "Starting pitchers sometimes get too much credit when the team wins... Guys put up runs constantly when I'm out there. Runs make you look good as a pitcher." Not only is he a great player, but also a class act.

Someday I'll get to tell my grandchildren about how I got to see this guy pitch several times in Wrigley Field.

In related news, 4 of the 6 best winning records in the MLB are all in the Cubs division. Thankfully, the Cubs are one of them, but the other teams in the NLCS need to start losing so we can make a playoff appearance.

1 comment:

Stu said...

Brad it sounds like you love Greg Maddux as much as I love this guy .

I hope that came out right and not a little too Brokeback-ish.