Sunday, February 18, 2007

Rise And Shine Campers

This time of year is definitely my least favorite for many reasons. First of all, its cold...damn cold. Also, the Chicago music scene is pretty weak compared to the rest of year. The best time is September and October, especially October of 2005 when I saw a LOT of great shows and thus decided to rename that month to Rocktober. Also, football is now over and baseball is not quite here, except for the fact that pitchers and catchers reported to spring training a couple of days ago. I'm not big into basketball and certainly not interested in hockey so I don't have the sports thing going for me either. So overall, I'm just trying to let time pass until April 9th. Cubs home opener. The Irish have St. Patricks day, New Orleans has Mardis Gras, Groundhogs have Groundhog Day, and I have Cubs home opener. It's my day.

No comments: